HelloMD is the nation’s leading online destination for the modern cannabis and hemp-CBD consumer. In the four years that we have been operating, our brand has become synonymous with health and wellness with cannabis—catering to the discerning and thoughtful consumer (i.e.; not stoners or pot-heads). Our offerings include best-in-class telehealth services, rich resources for general cannabis education, community participation, and most recently; a curated e-commerce experience for those seeking cannabis and/or hemp-CBD products.
We are looking for a wildcard split-personality type. Equal parts; SEO junkie, Analytics wizard, and Growth Hacker. The cannabis industry, while exciting, can be challenging—especially when trying to advertise and acquire new customers. There are just so many rules in place that throttle, or prohibit, traditional marketing and advertising efforts. Which means having a perfectly optimized site, with perfectly optimized content, is important so that we get as much organic love as possible. Keeping a close eye on the data and knowing how to read the tea-leaves is also of critical importance—as it determines how we tune our user experience. In a constantly changing industry, this is an ongoing challenge. Just when you think you’ve secured a path, the destination changes. If you’re motivated by this sort of challenge, then HelloMD could be a great place for you to come play.
We’re a start-up, so you’ll be working across all levels of our organization and be expected to play well in an inter-disciplinary environment. You’ll be a problem solver, and be a creative and quantitative thinker. You’ll have experience in influencing the engineering teams so that they adhere to optimization best practices. You’ll be fluent in the usual set of tools for data analysis and know how to set-up google analytics so that the exec team feels like they are getting the right macro-level views. You’ll also have a sixth sense in interpreting the data and intuitively know how to leverage into growth strategies. Being able to form strong, defensible, POV’s is key for this role.
Ideally, you’ll have experience in ecommerce. But, most importantly, you’ll be fluent in all of the contemporary methods for analyzing and optimizing growth across all online channels.
· Embed yourself into the engineering teams so that you can contribute and influence best practices in page optimization.
· Help define content strategy and link growth programs across all marketing content initiatives, including video, and social.
· Develop comprehensive keyword research documentation and strategic keyword evaluations.
· Monitor and analyze site performance using a range of SEO and site analytics tools. Form POVs and be comfortable reporting and presenting results.
· Conduct periodic technical SEO audits and provide recommended solutions, working with development and content teams to advise on implementation.
· Determine and validate effective user acquisition channels.
· Set up and maintain online advertising campaigns for user acquisition and retention.
· Track and analyze revenue and growth trends, and work with analytics to develop quantitative insights into trend drivers including determining and monitor customer acquisition cost against lifetime value (CTC:LTV Ratio.
· Collaborate closely with the rest of the marketing team to ensure effective engagement with prospect customers at every stage of the marketing funnel.
· Minimum 5 years of experience held in a similar role, either at an agency or consultancy, and/or tech ecommerce company.
· Exceptional writing skills and the ability to present complex data to simplified audiences.
· Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork and project management experience.
· Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment in an industry that constantly changes.
· Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
· Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategies for optimization and change.
· In-depth knowledge ofGoogle Analytics (AdWords Keyword Planner a bonus). We use a variety of other tools here at HelloMD – we don’t except you to be fluent across the board, but we do expect you to be a quick study.
· Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS and of the respective constraints of each.
· Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
· Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
Bonus points for…
· Having cannabis industry experience.
· Knowing how to navigate the rules and regulations governing advertising and messaging in the cannabis industry.
· Experience influencing a product roadmap, preferably in the technology or ecommerce space.
· We hold pole position in one of the newest, most exciting, global industries.
· We’re one of those rare startups able to offer 100% company paid medical/dental/vision coverage.
· Long Term Incentive Equity Plan.
· Sunny & tranquil environs at our historic space in the old Brick Kiln building at Larkspur Landing, Marin county. We are situated adjacent Marin Country Mart and watch the ferries go back and forth between Larkspur and downtown San Francisco (a 35 min ride).
· Walking, running and biking trails are steps away from the office.
· Free catered lunch on Tuesdays; often we grill on our outdoor patio overlooking the bay.
· Paid holidays and flexible paid time off.
· Your choice between Mac or PC.
· Free parking. Yes. Really!