HelloMD is the nation’s leading online destination for the modern cannabis and hemp-CBD consumer. In the four years that we have been operating, our brand has become synonymous with health and wellness with cannabis—catering to the discerning and thoughtful consumer (i.e.; not stoners or pot-heads). Our offerings include best-in-class telehealth services, rich resources for general cannabis education, community participation, and most recently; a curated e-commerce experience for those seeking cannabis and/or hemp-CBD products.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager with campaign development experience. You’ll be as comfortable defining our go-to-market strategy as you are leading our outbound marketing activities. You’ll be responsible for presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand, find new customers and boost sales nationwide.
We’re a start-up, so you’ll be working across all levels of our organization and be expected to play well in an inter-disciplinary environment. You’ll be a problem solver, and be a creative and quantitative thinker. You’ll have experience in influencing the product development teams so that they output the best possible products and user experiences. You’ll know how to craft email campaigns in your sleep, and be familiar with all the tried and true methods of going-to-market, including leveraging social, influencers, and word-of-mouth. Your favorite dinner conversation is usually something to do with customer acquisition and retention.
Ideally, you’ll have experience in marketing cannabis and/or hemp-CBD products. If not, then you will at least understand the restrictions imposed on this industry and you will have demonstrable ideas and experience in working around these restrictions while still finding success reaching our target. Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our products in an industry that continues to shapeshift.
· Embed yourself on the product teams to influence the product roadmap based on highest customer needs and insights
· Identify how a product fits within the existing landscape, how it fills a particular target market need in a way that our competitors don't, and how we want our target market to perceive our product
· Collaborate with product throughout the entire product lifecycle from ideation to launch and post-launch optimization
· Act as the voice of the customer through insights and institutional knowledge to drive impactful messaging in-product, across external channels, and to internal stakeholders
· Lead development of internal and external communications around new products to ensure clear understanding of product features and benefits, public release timelines, and product messaging
· Lead development of external advertising and messaging campaigns to promote HelloMD products and/or services. Measure, refine, rinse, repeat.
· Collaborate closely with the rest of marketing to ensure effective engagement with prospects at every stage of the marketing funnel
· Minimum 5 years of work experience in a management/strategy consulting, brand management, product management, and/or tech marketing role
· Exceptional writing skills and ability to tailor messages to your various audiences
· Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork and project management experience
· Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment in an industry that constantly changes.
· Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to guide strategy and determine tactics to reach our audience.
· Knowledge of the common tools used for measurement and analytics of user behavior and campaign effectiveness (we use Google Analytics, Lucky Orange, and Metrilo).
Bonus points for…
· Having cannabis industry experience.
· Knowing how to navigate the rules and regulations governing advertising and messaging in the cannabis industry.
· Experience influencing a product roadmap, preferably in the technology or ecommerce space.
· We hold pole position in one of the newest, most exciting, global industries.
· We’re one of those rare startups able to offer 100% company paid medical/dental/vision coverage.
· Long Term Incentive Equity Plan.
· Sunny & tranquil environs at our historic space in the old Brick Kiln building at Larkspur Landing, Marin county. We are situated adjacent Marin Country Mart and watch the ferries go back and forth between Larkspur and downtown San Francisco (a 35 min ride).
· Walking, running and biking trails are steps away from the office.
· Free catered lunch on Tuesdays; often we grill on our outdoor patio overlooking the bay.
· Paid holidays and flexible paid time off.
· Your choice between Mac or PC.
· Free parking. Yes. Really!