HelloMD, one of the fastest-growing health and wellness cannabis companies in the U.S. and Canada, is looking for a full-time editorial associate to join our fast-paced content team, to support a wide range of content initiatives—from assisting with research and optimizing content for SEO to writing short- and long-form copy as needed.
The ideal candidate will assist the content and social media team as well as liaise with the marketing and product teams to enhance HelloMD’s content offerings and social media presence, while supporting our brand and business objectives.
- Write, edit and/or revise content as needed—from Q&As to product detail pages.
- Assist content team with SEO keyword research and metadata creation for articles and Q&As.
- Help gather and analyze data such as pageviews, open and clickthrough rates for emails.
- Assist content team with finding photos and writing captions for articles and social media.
- Support the content team on a variety of tasks—including transcribing interviews, event planning and packaging influencer gift boxes.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English literature, communications or related field.
- Two to three years of professional online writing and editing experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably with six months to one year in the cannabis industry.
- Strong familiarity with AP style. Impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the importance of high-quality work and accuracy along with the ability to create engaging, easy-to-understand content.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Understanding of SEO and UX best practices when writing quality content.
- Working onsite is required.
When applying, please submit your resumé and a cover letter explaining your qualifications for this position. When adding your cover letter, please include links to three writing samples, preferably cannabis-related. Candidates who don’t submit well-written cover letters and samples will not be considered.